Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Life in Gibsonville

Merry Christmas to everyone, even though I'm a little late in getting that out there! We had a great Christmas and got to see both of our families, with the exception of Jason's siblings. We went to Georgia on Christmas Eve for the traditional gathering of his mom's side of the family, which is about 40-50 people in a small house playing Dirty Santa. It's always fun getting to go over there and see everyone and was funny to see everyone's faces when they saw my belly that now precedes me! On the way to GA, however, I developed another UTI, this one being the first one that I really had symptoms of. And let me tell you, this one was a beast! Christmas Eve traffic, in the rain, having to stop about every 30 minutes if we were lucky was a blast! I slept on the way home so that we could make it home and not have to spend the night in a hotel for my sake! On Christmas Day I gave in and went to PriMed, one of my least favorite places due to an unfortunate accident that ocurred there a couple years ago involving myself, a needle, a tile floor, 6 stitches, and several medical tests! Anyway, I think they now have my chart flagged to handle me with kids gloves because I was in and out of there and home with my prescriptions within an hour. This is like World Record time for this place, and I was ever so grateful!! Christmas night was another journey along the road, though. I finally gave up on trying to sleep after getting out of bed as soon as I lay my head down for the 20th time and went to the living room. I think I fell asleep around 4:30AM from shear exhaustion at that point. It took about 4 days, but it is now better.

Today was my 30 week visit!! I cannot believe I only have 10-ish more weeks to go until we meet Luke, it just doesn't seem possible! I got to hear his heartbeat again today and my doctor just smiled listening to it, which makes me happy! It sounds perfect and is becoming clearer and clearer each time we get to hear it. The doctor says Luke is measuring great, which puts him at an average weight of about 2.5 pounds right now! He has no concerns right now and said that as long as I make it to 35 weeks he'll be satisified. I think I can handle that task! As much as I'm so ready to meet Luke, I'm going to miss being pregnant and, honestly, I'm not quite ready to give up my sleep just yet! He can stay in a little longer and that's just fine with me. He's much easier to care for inside of me and I can keep up with him all the time! I gained about 3 more pounds this visit and am right on track with everything! My next visit is in two weeks, and between now and then we get to ring in the new year (wow!!) and Jason and I are headed to Tennessee with our Sunday School class for a weekend getaway! See yall in Gibsonville in a couple of weeks! I'll leave yall with the belly shots from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment