Monday, December 14, 2009

4D Ultrasound and Luke Update!!

Today was definietly a case of the Mondays! It was really foggy today and rainy, and was Monday ALL day. Jason had to go into work at about 10pm last night thanks to some of his boys deciding to misbehave and not listen. He didn't get home till about 4AM, and I slept terribly without him here, worrying about him driving in the fog on two lane highways and county roads filled with deer. As it turns out, he was almost hit by a big buck, but thanksfully was not.

We were riding together to my dr. appointment this morning when my car decided to start misbehaving as well. We happened to notice my mom a few cars ahead of us and called to tell her to follow us just in case. As it turns out, my car died while I was driving down the interstate and we had to leave it on the side of the road. I am so thankful for God's provision in that Jason was with me, which he would not have been if he had not gone in to work in the middle of night, and Mom was on her way to meet us at the dr. for the appointment and happened to be 2 cars ahead of us during rush hour traffic at a traffic light! Our families are so wonderful to us. Mom loaned me her car after the appointment and Jason's dad was able to take him back to my vehicle and wait on the tow truck with him. Jason did, however, miss work do to all this today. Anyway...

We went back to the doctor today for my 28 week checkup and 4-D Ultrasound. Since it was the 4-D we took everyone we could...my mom and dad, his mom and dad, my sister, and of course Jason and me!! It was crowded, but fun. For about the first 30 or so minutes, Luke was not at all cooperative. Mainly because he stayed up all night kicking me and playing ping pong in my belly and was a wee bit tired today. After a glass of ice cold water and a Reese's cup, however, he was much more cooperative with our efforts. He is, or course, the cutest baby in my belly and the most loved Luke Thomas Gibson ever created! He has an adorable nose, big feet, my granddad's ears, and already sucks his middle fingers like all the Gibsons do! It's amazing to see all his features and get a preview of our baby. We think he has hair, but it wasn't really clear on the ultrasound. Now for the boring update stuff...once again, no UTI!!! That makes two appointments in a row, praise the Lord. I've gained 4 pounds since the last update and everything is looking good so far.

As I'm posting this it's a little after 9PM. I finally made it home from work around 7PM and finished paperwork around 8PM. I've been about on the verge of losing it all day, but have held on and will soon be able to put this day in the history books! Here's a few pictures of Luke from today!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing Luke on Monday and I was looking back through some of Jackson's 4D pictures. They look alike!! Remind me to show you some pictures later. Love you!

    ReplyDelete