Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hello, Old Pal, I've missed you...

After much ado, I'm glad to finally be able to post some updated info and pictures!! Luke made his grand arrival March 1, 2010 at 11:43AM after being induced at 3AM. It was a wonderful and tiring day that Jason and I got to share with both our sets of parents and my favorite sister and her husband. Luke came in weighing 6lb. 8oz, and 20 1/2 inches long!! Dr. Lawhon was fantastic as always and made it just in time to deliver the little guy. We came home 2 days later and 5 days after that, i.e. one week after getting out of the hospital, I was put back in the hospital. After much probing and blood work, it was finally determined that I had another kidney infection, and as it turns out, have a stone in the right kidney and an abscess on the left kidney. I now have a new doctor to add to my list, a urologist, who gets to see me regularly and ultrasound all my internal organs to check and make sure there's nothing new on the organs!!! Luke, fortunately, was able to go to hospital with me, as was Jason. Both were troopers throughout the whole ordeal. We came home again 5 days later, only to have Luke diagnosed with RSV two days later!! He recovered quickly, luckily!!


In more positive news, we had his pictures done by Lori Mercer, who also did my maternity pictures, when Luke was 16 days old. They are amazing! We had such a hard time picking which ones to buy!! Here are some pictures she sent that we can post on the internet...
As of April 5th, Luke is now 8lb. 11oz. and 21 3/4 inches. He's in the 25th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. Such a small fry, but perfectly proportioned and doing great per the pediatrician. Here's some recent pictures of Luke showing off his smiles for Momma and Dadda! Enjoy all the cuteness known as Luke Thomas!

1 comment: